Wilkinson Enterprises & High Torque Sports is looking to fill multiple full-time, spring and summer college internship positions. Interns must be available to work January through August. All applicants must work well under pressure, be motivated and enthusiastic about events. Applicants must hold a valid driver’s license, be willing to drive a variety of vehicles, have strong written and oral communication skills, be detail oriented and be willing to work long hours and weekends. All candidates will be interviewed by the end of December, with the final employment decisions made in early January. Candidates must attend at least one interview in-person at the High Torque offices in New York or Boston, at the individual’s expense. Candidates will be considered for all available positions. Wilkinson, High-Torque is a very fast paced, exciting environment, and interns are essential to the success of the event.
Public Relations Assistants
- Proactively seek out stories from registered athletes by calling EVERY participant in the race.
- Help create, organize and execute media events in conjunction with the Triathlon such as the Boston Hunt for Fun, and multiple other media events.
- Work in conjunction with the Triathlon’s PR agency to follow up on stories, leads and placements.
- Assist with event production, marketing and sponsorship fulfillment.
Event Production Assistant
- Assist in all production orders, placement and organization. Must be extremely detail oriented and have VERY strong follow through skills.
- Assist race director in organizing and activating sponsorship fulfillment and coordinating production staff.
- Must be willing to participate in physical set-up of the race and drive a truck.
Assist volunteer director in placing, managing and directing more than 1,000 race volunteers.
Conduct pre-race site visits to orient Volunteer Captains.
Manage relationships with all volunteers.
Organize the pre and post-race staff and Volunteer Captain appreciation functions.
This position is responsible for all ordering, categorizing and distributing of supplies, volunteer manuals and set-up of volunteer stations.
How to Apply:
Interested qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and answers to the questions below to Neal Wilkinson or Jeff Vizethann via e-mail (email@example.com) fax (845)-562-3117. Please keep answers to ten sentences or less. There is no right or wrong answer.
1. Why are you interested in working for High Torque Sports, The Boston Triathlon, The Orange County Triathlon?
2. We are looking for the ultimate team player that is passionate about events and thrives under pressure. Tell us why this is you.
3. It is race day! You’re up early and ready for the day to begin, when you get a call that the 25 volunteers you need to work the last aid station on the course all called and said they are no longer coming. Knowing how important the aid station is to the athlete’s well-being on this hot summer day, you must find 25 people in the next three hours to come and volunteer. What would you do?
4. Will you be able to secure housing in Boston or Orange County?